Sender:
From:
Mark Vanderlyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 22:53:15 -0500
FLL Teams, Coaches and Volunteers,

First off we’d really like to thank all the volunteers at both the regional and
state levels, without you none of this would have happened.  A special thanks
goes out to all the organizers of the Virginia/DC State Tournament, and we
congratulate the hard work of all the teams and coaches this season--we saw
some amazing robots, and met some even more amazing people.  It was
great to talk to teams from all over the state and DC and find out more about
them and their research projects.

The activities Saturday morning were a really great way to meet people. We
made a lot of new friends who we were able to talk to for the rest of the
weekend.  (We really enjoyed playing Ninja with the other teams.)  The whole
weekend was very well run. From the planning behind the activities, to the
way the robot competition was divided between the divisions, everything went
smoothly.  Also, we’d like to thank everyone who helped support our
fundraiser for the Wounded Warriors program.  With your help we were able
to earn over $100.

We’re looking forward to representing the Virginia/DC region for WorldFest.
We heard that more than 500 teams participated this season in our region,
making us the largest tournament in the world (maybe ☺).  We were hoping
you guys could e-mail us your team names, numbers, logos and any team
pictures you might want to send, so we could do a slide show of all the teams
that participated this year—you guys are all amazing!  We look forward to
hearing from you and wish you a great holiday season.

Sincerely,

Ashburn Robotics NX Treme
Alex, Austin, Jacob, Katherine, Kaustubh, Kyle, Lindsey, Michael, and Nathan