Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:40:24 -0400
From:
"Swayne, Dominic" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Comments:
cc: "Wishon, Phillip" <[log in to unmask]>, "Kyger, Margaret" <[log in to unmask]>, "Shaeffer, Margaret" <[log in to unmask]>, Danielle Tamulis <[log in to unmask]>, "Foucar-Szocki, Diane" <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
For those of you new to the listserv or if you get this as a "forward" team Robowiz from Greenbriar West Elementary (Fairfax County Schools) was the top team at our December 2009 Championship Tournament for Division 1 (age 9-11).  As a result of their great performance they received the VA-DC FLL bid for the European Invitational held this month in Turkey.

Imagine the opportunity to do LEGO Robotics in Turkey!  As you can see from the Facebook pictures they had a great time and did a wonderful job representing Virginia and DC at an international level competition.  You can also see that they had an amazing time and got to see places, things and people we normally only read about.  And - I bet they met a lot of kids their age from all over the world that they'll remain in contact with for a long time.

Congratulations Team Robowiz - we look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Nick

Merhaba (hello in Turkish) VA-DC FLL and US-FIRST,

We just loaded some pictures from the 2010 FLL OEC to the Robowiz Facebook
site that we'd like to share with you

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=266234718805&view=all

The boys had a great time at the the 2010 FLL OEC - they learned a lot about
other teams, especially about their cultures and backgrounds. The robot
designs were quite unique and it was truly amazing how teams from all over
the world had addressed the same problem and had different ways of presenting it.
Also personally my admiration and respect for the FLL has increased even
further - it truly is a great program that is bringing the world closer and
fostering innovation and creativity amongst the next generation and I feel
proud and honored to be associated with it in our little way.

We also met up with the other US teams - "THE THINGS" (Minnesota) and
"ANTIPODES" (California).

On behalf of the team, we wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for
giving Team Robowiz this opportunity. Thank you VA-DC FLL and US-FIRST ! Or
as they say in Turkish : teşekkür ederim (THANKS) (our hotel concierge taught
us how to pronounce it say "Tea Sugar Dream" very quickly)

TEAM ROBOWIZ
www.robowiz.org