Sender:
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 21:45:47 -0400
8bit
From:
VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Rule 18 tells what happens when you touch the robot or its cargo.  It
includes a Warning: "Avoid touching a robot entering Base until its
cargo has also reached Base!"

The bottom line is that the team will usually not want to touch the
robot or its cargo until the robot itself and each of its cargo items
have crossed into Base.

The position of each item is determined independently (Rule 21) and
cargo that has not crossed into Base may be lost (Rule 18).

There are also several Robot Game Updates that give more details on
specific cases:
Update 24, Multi-part models, tells us that the yellow farm truck and
its contents are treated as a single object--if one is in Base, then
all are in Base.  Similarly the white refrigerated trailer and its
contents are treated as a single object for entering Base.
Update 25, Bacteria Cluster Entering Base, tells us that distinct
continuous clusters of bacteria will be treated as one object for
purposes of entering Base.  It also reminds us that this doesn't apply
to other mission models.

Update 30, from this week, doesn't talk about Base, but it does give
some examples about when a mission model is cargo.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor