From:
Stephen Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:41:35 -0400
The referees should follow the guidance in Update 25.

25 - BACTERIA CLUSTER ENTERING BASE
If a cluster of several objects is entering Base but not all
individuals are in yet, and you touch the robot, Rule 18 Bullet #3,
and Rule 21 together mean the ref should take away the ones that
hadn't made it to Base yet (correct, but REALLY?)  In practice though,
it's tough to win an argument about which ones were in or out, so
referees usually either treat the cluster as a single object, (nice,
but incorrect), or they stretch the Benefit-Of-The-Doubt rule too much
(nice, but sloppy, and inconsistent).   This needs to be repaired in
the Rules, but here's your exception for now:  When the robot is
moving a continuous cluster of bacteria into Base, they are to be
treated as one object.  As soon as the first is in, they're all in.
Two separate clusters are assessed separately, and fish, rats, pizza,
and ice cream will still also be assessed individually.

I haven't seen your container, but I would say that it is likely that
it is all in in your scenario.

Steve