From:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2010 07:07:17 -0400
Also our team constructs a measuring gauge with a wheel/tire the same
size of the one on your robot. They put one of those orange pointers
on an axle and use some beams to make a handle. They then just set it
down with the point in a know position and then push it and count
rotations.  360 degrees = 1 rotation.

This way they don't have to guess, program, download, run and rinse
repeat so often.

It saves time.