From:
Laura Dysart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Dysart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2010 12:50:28 -0400
Last year we learned the lesson of battery power and consistency in
missions. this year we decided to use the rechargeable and just fully
charge it before each practice session. It has been behaving strangely
at times and then I noticed someone's comment throu VADCFLL on the
memory of the rechargeable being iffy and not so reliable and
consistent on missions.  The person who said use fresh double AA's- do
you swap them out at every practice?  It seems so wasteful but seems
like one of the few solutions for reliability- with one mission
building on another- the loss of power over time throws the whole
larger program off.  Our group gets pretty frustrated by the change in
behavior- it's ok to have that be the lesson- but it's hard to make
progress.  We also learned the lesson of saving as you go along- team
members worked for 2 hours- had a good program- someone stepped on the
power swithc for the computer- bye-bye program- learn the hard way!
Laura