Sender:
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2011 23:34:59 -0400
8bit
From:
VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Question 1A: is LEGO netting an allowable piece to use?  The answer is
yes--it is a LEGO piece that comes from a LEGO kit (as shown at
Bricklink)

Question 1B:  May LEGO netting be cut to any size desired?  I thought
about this for a while, and my opinion is that the answer should be
yes.

Question 2:  May a LEGO rubber band be used to bend an axle?  Under
the conditions that you state, that the bending is undone when the
rubber band is removed, then the answer is yes.
I am skeptical, however, that the rubber band and/or axle wouldn't be
permanently affected by doing this over the long term, so I would
think that the amount of bending and force required to bend would
probably vary over time, which might cause issues with repeatability
of the actions that use those parts.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor