From:
"Thomas (Tweeks) Weeks" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas (Tweeks) Weeks
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2015 20:22:00 +0000
Speaking of scoring.. I know a few teams were very surprised by their scores, ending up much lower than expected. [1]

This was party due to our lack of careful attention to the rules, but also bc we used a really nice little third party app to do our grading during our test runs:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ev3lessons.com_resources_scorer_score.html-23en-2Dus&d=BQIF-g&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=J5fb0ELkRoh7TzAGYz99sSMvB-c7i4AC0HDT2OVPrww&m=Kq-RBB8e-zzPKbQxRLTj9MDfpm9OMx42__ez-SNrelc&s=f1S_ss3bW7zmxz2XEcHI-QvDD5zy4-4J3oPtUWrYHIY&e=

Which had some grading errors too.

Q: is there any way teams (in future seasons) can use the actual grading app that Lego used in the tournament? (so confusion like this is headed off or minimized)? (was it available and my team just didn't know?)
      https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.flltournament.com_Scoresheet.aspx&d=BQIF-g&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=J5fb0ELkRoh7TzAGYz99sSMvB-c7i4AC0HDT2OVPrww&m=Kq-RBB8e-zzPKbQxRLTj9MDfpm9OMx42__ez-SNrelc&s=kgaC7H1tQaQvJmNy9n8QFQMw9NoEjdUtZXrYfnZs3OY&e=

Cheers,

Tweeks
[1] - For example.. My team had a 100% successful round (for the missions we had planned for) and was expecting over 600 points.. and ended up being only around 375 (due to misunderstandings in grading).  I know some of this was confusion caused by us not reading the rules carefully enough (our first year ;).. One example was the truck mission which (we later found after re-reading the rules) was not 110 point, but EITHER 60 or 50 points (unless you did something very unorthodox with the truck)  -- You EITHER got 60 points for dumping the load east of the transfer area.. OR for 50 points for the truck ending short of the dumpleaver with holding the full weight of the yellow bin (either or, but not both (unless you picked up the whole truck and moved it ;))  So this was a common mis-reading.. (our fault, but many people had the same confusion)