Sender:
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 21:13:53 +0000
8bit
From:
"Ilnitzki, Kaitlin - ilnitzks" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Shanti <[log in to unmask]>
The state championship event is split into two days because there are 108 teams to get through judging and the robot game rounds.  Saturday is all about judging.  Division 1 teams complete their judging sessions in the morning and Division 2 teams go through judging in the afternoon.  All judging sessions and rubrics are the same as qualifying tournaments, including the length and format. Sunday is all about the robot game!  Again the format is the same, teams will get a practice round and three competitive rounds.

There are no "extra" preparations needed but teams often use the feedback they received at the qualifying rounds to refine and improve their existing work.

Teams that advance from the state championship could be offered spots at the World Festival in Detroit or other Invitationals that take place around the country and world.  More information will be coming out about the exact location and advancement policies once we are finished with our final weekend of qualifying tournaments.

Kaitlin Ilnitzki
Assistant Director VA-DC FIRST LEGO League &
FIRST LEGO League Jr.