Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2023 12:23:08 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Christine Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Hello everyone!

One of R-MA's teams this year, Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead, has created an educational video game for their innovation project they've entitled Masterpiece Hero. In it, the player is tasked with rescuing nine of the world's most famous paintings from the lair of the infamous art thief, Timmy the Terrible. To progress through the game, the player has to learn about each masterwork then take a short quiz at the end to prove their knowledge.

After a lot of coding, great feedback, recoding, and then coding some more, Version 3.0 is now complete. Hooray!

Since it is now more or less in its final iteration, the team had a discussion on Sunday on how to roll this out to a larger audience. Someone mentioned emailing it to President Biden. Another team member thought they could code a piece of malware so that it was forced upon the world via a sort of educational SPAM.  As their coach, I vetoed both ideas and suggested maybe I could post it here for the other teams in our region to play. They all agreed that would be a good first step :)

If any of your team members are interested and have the time, here's a a link to the game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/915140847/

They'd love to collect player feedback using this form: https://forms.gle/Y1vE6bBAyapUNtT16

And if your team is at the Ashburn tournament this Sunday, come find us at our table. They'll have a laptop open for anyone who wants to play!