From:
Srini Sam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Srini Sam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2019 09:56:47 -0500
Hello Friendship Collegiate DC team of volunteers and organizing team of Judges and Referees,

A BIG Thank you for the tremendous team of dedicated volunteers, Judges, Chief Refs at Friendship Collegiate Academy DC Nov 23 team.  I had volunteered as a Judge on Nov 9th tournament in USPTO, Alexandria. VA.so i know the value of volunteering.

One suggestion. The gym where the Competition round of Robot Runs were conducted was not adequately lit / kind of dark. The cloudy day this saturday didn't help either. Due to this , during our last run  / round -3 [red/blue tables] , our technician was not able to see the program name in the EV3 brick on some occasions and hence couldn't run the program on time.  we didn't score points and hence lost on few other things......its very sad to see the disappointment on our team's faces and 5 months of hard-work.

As a Robotics teacher , i understand that artificial lighting will affect the COLOR sensor readings and can dramatically affect the EV3 programs for simple beginner rookie teams using color sensor.

I am not sure what could be done better to avoid this situation.

Kindly note this.

Congrats to every team that participated.

Thanks,
Srini.