FEAST-L Archives

August 2011

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Lee, Emily" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee, Emily
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:47:08 +0000
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to send a reminder of this CFP.  The deadline is in a month!

CALL FOR PAPERS AND PANELS
PACIFIC SOCIETY FOR WOMEN IN PHILOSOPHY
ANNUAL FALL MEETING
November 4-5, 2011
California State University, Long Beach, Long Beach, CA
Host: Nellie Wieland, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy

This year’s theme is “Recognition.” P-SWIP welcomes explorations of this theme from all philosophical traditions.  Recognition can take the forms of legal entitlement, compensation, associative obligations, group identity, or targeted exclusion.  We invite discussion of the ways in which recognition succeeds and fails, when we are (mis)recognized in loving relationships or through community solidarity, or when we are (mis)recognized and granted or denied rights, inclusion, or identities.  We would like to encourage historical, critical, moral/political, phenomenological, and other approaches to this theme.

Although “Recognition” is our theme this year, P-SWIP welcomes submissions on any relevant topics in feminist philosophy.

Essays should not exceed 4000 words, standard format, prepared for anonymous review, and submitted electronically in WORD or PDF formats.  Draft or otherwise incomplete submissions will not be accepted.

Submission deadline: September 1, 2011

P-SWIP has a small number of travel grants available for graduate students and underemployed philosophers. Please indicate with your submission materials if you are interested in applying for one of these grants.

Please submit essays to Emily S. Lee, Executive Secretary, Pacific SWIP at
Notification of acceptance will be made by September 29, 2011.

Come join us and celebrate women in philosophy!

Emily S. Lee, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Executive Secretary, Pacific SWIP
Department of Philosophy