FEAST-L Archives

December 2009

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Callahan, Joan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Callahan, Joan
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:13:25 -0500
http://rockethics.psu.edu/education/femphil/index.shtml

Dear Colleagues,

We are very pleased to announce the availability on DVD of the first five digitally filmed interviews of many of the scholars who first brought feminist perspectives to their work in philosophy.

For the past several years, Penn State's Nancy Tuana and I have been conducting in-depth interviews with these women, capturing 6-8 hours of film, which we are editing down to two-hour versions for classroom and library use.

To date, we have interviewed over 20 scholars and we are very pleased to be able to make the first five edited versions of the interviews available.  Each DVD includes biographical background on each scholar, as well as her discussions of her work.

Once the editing work is completed, the full interviews will be archived at The Pennsylvania State University and University of Kentucky libraries.

The project has been supported by The American  Philosophical Association; The Pennsylvania State University Rock Ethics Institute and College of the Liberal Arts; The University of Kentucky Department of Gender and Women's Studies, College of Arts and Sciences, and Office of the Vice President for Research.

The Rock Ethics Institute of The Pennsylvania State University has generously provided this project with a webpage for ordering:  http://rockethics.psu.edu/education/femphil/index.shtml .

DVDs now available for order are of

Sandra Bartky
Susan Bordo
Sandra Harding
Nel Noddings and
Sara Ruddick

More interviews will become available as we work through the editing and duplication processes.

Please encourage your departments and libraries to acquire these DVDs.

ALL proceeds will go toward continuing the project.

With every good wish,

Joan

Joan Callahan
Professor, Philosophy