FEAST-L Archives

September 2011

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Dianna Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dianna Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:42:21 -0400
Dear FEAST,

Below please find the call for papers for the 2012 meeting of the Arendt Circle; note the session on Arendt and the Politics of Gender.

Best wishes,

Dianna

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies at Morgan State University in Baltimore, MD will be hosting the sixth independent conference of the Hannah Arendt Circle, March 9-11, 2012.

As in past years, we invite individual submissions for papers on any aspect of Arendt's work, including critiques and applications of her thinking.

This year's conference will also include a panel on Arendt and the Politics of Gender for which we are seeking individual paper submissions.

Please send an abstract of the paper (750 word limit) as an email (“.doc”) attachment. Abstracts should be formatted for anonymous review and submitted to the program committee chair, Dianna Taylor ([log in to unmask]) on or before December 31st, 2011.  Please indicate "Arendt Circle submission" in the subject heading of your email message.

Program decisions will be announced January 10th, 2012.

Program Committee:
Dianna Taylor, John Carroll University
Joshua Miller, Morgan State University
Cassie Striblen, West Chester University

Our first five independent meetings were outstanding, and we are looking forward to the same camaraderie and intense discussion of Arendt’s work at this year’s conference. Each speaker will have approximately 35 minutes for paper presentation and discussion combined —papers should be a maximum of 3000 words (15-20 minutes).

Program and information concerning travel and accommodation will be available no later than January 20th, 2012 at:
www.thearendtcircle.com