FEAST-L Archives

April 2011

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Jennifer Saul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Saul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:58:13 +0100
Please note: I'm forwarding this for Morwenna Griffiths

Women in Philosophy of Education
Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain
Branch Seminar

Relationships, Practices, Imaginaries

September 30-October 2, 2011
University of Edinburgh, Moray House School of Education

In an attempt to profile the work of women, and career-young
researchers of both sexes, in philosophy of education, the organisers
of this weekend seminar on the theme relationships, practices,
imaginaries invite participation from a variety of perspectives and
request submissions to present works in progress. Submissions not
directly related to the theme are also welcome. Our hope is to create
a fertile environment for discussion, networking, and mentoring across
a range of interests. We strongly encourage both new and more
experienced scholars to get involved in generating an active and
lively intellectual community.

We are inviting proposals of works in progress of 2000-3000 words.
Deadline for submission is August 15, 2011. The seminar will run from
3 p.m. Friday to 12 p.m. Sunday and there will be 3 time slots for
presenters to discuss their work, Friday evening, Saturday morning and
afternoon, with a scheduled meeting planned for Sunday morning. We
will group the proposals thematically for each of the three time
slots, and post them on-line prior to the seminar so that everyone can
read them beforehand.

The conference registration fee is £20 and confirmation of
participation is required by September 1st. Funding is available for
travel, bed and breakfast accommodation and meals.  You do not need to
present a paper to apply. Since our budget is limited, travel funding
will be prioritised according to need. Application forms from Caroline
Maloney, [log in to unmask] For more information please
contact one of the organisers below.

Morwenna Griffiths                               Sharon Todd

[log in to unmask]                [log in to unmask]

Professor Morwenna Griffiths
Thomson’s Land
Moray House School of Education
Edinburgh University