FEAST-L Archives

September 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Susan Brison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Brison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 11:29:40 -0400
Hi all,

I'm writing something on ideals of masculinity and femininity in the
current presidential election and I'm looking for the source of
something that I think I read, oh, around fifteen years ago: a statement
to the effect that, whatever androgyny is, you don't get it by combining
Mae West and the Marlboro Man (or was it John Wayne?) I believe it was
written by a feminist philosopher--one of you perhaps?--and that I found
it in an article in a feminist philosophy anthology.

If anyone happens to know the source, please let me know.

Thanks!

Susan Brison