FEAST-L Archives

May 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Anita Silvers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 13:53:08 -0700
I'm a little curious about the challenge of finding some category all of
us have in common.  Some have never owned a car. Some have never owned a
pet. Some just don't remember their first phone number, or for that matter
their current phone number.

Is there a likelihood that everyone logging in to the memebrship page of
the APA has a favorite philosopher, remembers who that is, and can spell
that philosopher's name consistently?  (Our department fave is Hypatia -
we have pictures and t-shirts.)  Or is a favorite philosopher so
changeable as to be useless for the purpose of identification?

best, anita (silvers)