FEAST-L Archives

January 2014

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Schutte, Ofelia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Schutte, Ofelia
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 21:31:27 -0500
Thanks, Joan (and Sally, too).  Aging is a problem in U.S. culture.  Once you are no longer competitive, you disappear from what matters.
Anyway, I've turned Emerita and I just added myself to this directory.
I feel very valued by my Latina/o colleagues both here and in the larger Spanish - speaking world.  This is also why I'll dedicate my senior leisure time to further reflecting on the issues that matter to us.
--Ofelia