FEAST-L Archives

August 2011

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Dianna Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dianna Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 20:03:51 -0400
Dear FEAST,

Please see below.  Analyses of Foucault's work from a feminist perspective are most welcome.

Dianna

CALL FOR PAPERS

The twelfth annual meeting of the
Foucault Circle

at Canisius College
Buffalo, NY
March 30-April 1, 2012

Papers on any aspect of Foucault's work, and studies, critiques, and applications of Foucauldian thinking, are all welcome.  We will aim for a diversity of topics and perspectives in the program selection.

Please send a 1-2 page ABSTRACT of the paper, by e-mail.
Abstracts should be submitted to the program committee chair:
Dianna Taylor ([log in to unmask])
on or before Friday, November 19, 2011.
Please indicate "Foucault Circle submission" in the subject heading,
and include the abstract as a ".doc" attachment to your message.
Program decisions will be announced in mid-December.

The meetings typically begin with an informal welcoming reception on Friday evening. There will be morning and afternoon paper sessions on Saturday, followed by dinner and a business meeting.  The conference will conclude with paper sessions on Sunday morning. Each speaker will have approximately 35 minutes for paper presentation and discussion combined—papers should be a maximum of 3000 words (15-20 minutes, preferably 15). In conjunction with our meeting in Buffalo, a city in which Foucault conducted research on the prison, this year's conference will include a session dedicated to discussing documents from the GIP (le Groupe d’information sur les Prisons, a French prison reform organization that Foucault co-founded). English translations of the texts will be available.

Logistical information about lodging, transportation, and other arrangements will be available after the program has been announced.

For more information about the Foucault Circle, please see our website:
http://www.foucaultcircle.org