FEAST-L Archives

November 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Jen McWeeny <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:55:56 -0500
Dear FEAST-ers,
We are hiring two tenure-track assistant professor positions in philosophy at my university (see ad below).  There are five women faculty in our department, most of whom work explicitly in feminist philosophy.  I would especially encourage listmembers to consider applying to our second position in Aesthetics (non-analytic).  The deadline is December 1st.
All the best,
Jen

122., 123. JOHN CARROLL UNIVERSITY, CLEVELAND, OH. John Carroll University, the Jesuit University in Cleveland, Ohio, invites applications for two Assistant Professor positions beginning August 28, 2009. Position #1: AOS: History of Analytic Philosophy or Philosophy of Mind; AOC: Metaphysics or Philosophy of Science. Position #2: AOS: Aesthetics from a non-analytic perspective; AOC: Critical Theory or Continental Philosophy. In addition, the department has a teaching need in the area of modern philosophy, and candidates must be willing to teach the University’s interdisciplinary first-year seminar. We are a pluralistic department and especially welcome applications from candidates who are conversant across the analytic and continental traditions. Ph.D. required by time of appointment. 4/4 teaching load with reduction to 3/3 given for research. Send cover letter, CV, writing sample, statement of teaching philosophy, teaching evaluations, and three letters of recommendation to: Professor Dianna Taylor, Chair, Department of Philosophy, John Carroll University, 20700 North Park Blvd., University Heights, OH 44118. Review of applications will begin immediately; all application materials must be received by December 1st. Preliminary interviews will be conducted at the APA Eastern Division meeting in Philadelphia. John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.

Jen McWeeny, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Executive Secretary, Eastern Division of the Society for Women in Philosophy
John Carroll University
20700 North Park Blvd.
University Heights, OH 44118
Phone: (216) 397-4783