FEAST-L Archives

May 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Azzurra Crispino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 11:53:23 -0500
The way I actually handle this is that regardless of what the
question is (high school mascot, mother's last name, etc.) I put in
the same key word, that I do not use as a password except in those
situations.  When the bank asks me for my mother's maiden name, I
remind them that I have a secure word for my account, and then give
them that word.  Of course, one could always change the name of one's
high school mascot to "Radical Feminists."  It's not as though the
bank or whatever other institution can check against the real world;
they just check based on what you put in.  And a made up answer like
"Tong's Tireless Tragopans" is far less likely to be guessed by
someone who knows your real high school mascot.

Thanks for everyone's input.  I don't want this conversation to stray
too far from feminist issues, so this is going to be my last post on it.

Peace,

Azzurra