FEAST-L Archives

July 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:21:25 +0200
Dear all,

I am planning a research project on "Privacy in the context of e-systems in healthcare". Remarkable is the attention given to privacy safe guards in dealing with the construction of e.g. electronic patient dossiers (at least in Europe, c.q. the Netherlands) whilst at the same time on the internet patients write about their lives and illnesses very openly. It seems the 'digital persona' is a playing field for different conceptions of privacy.

My question: there is a lot of literature on privacy from a feminist perspective. Do you know whether anybody is working on the intersection of 'digital persona', privacy, and health care?
I'm also open to exciting literature I might have missed.

Thanks, Els

dr Els Maeckelberghe
UMCG
Sector F
Expertisecentrum Ethiek in de Zorg/Metamedica
Postbus 196
9700 AD  GRONINGEN
050-3637985
www.rug.nl/med/eez