FEAST-L Archives

July 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Callahan, Joan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:58:49 -0400
Please distribute widely.
Thank you.

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF WOMEN'S STUDIES invites applications and nominations for a full-time tenure-track position, open rank, in feminist visual media studies.  Specializations of interest to us include  film, television, advertising, digital images (the internet and WWW), etc.  We are looking for a candidate whose work crosses boundaries of gender, race, ethnicity, sexualities, and/or transnational issues and who demonstrates commitment to interdisciplinary research and teaching in Women's Studies and in our graduate and undergraduate programs. The Women's Studies Department offers an undergraduate major and minor, M.A., Ph.D., and a graduate minor. The successful applicant will present a record of scholarship and teaching that is consistent with tenure-track work at a research university. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience in Women's and/or Gender Studies. The appointment will begin in fall 2009. Please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references to: Linda Mizejewski, Chair, Search Committee, Department of Women's Studies, 286 University Hall, 230 N. Oval Mall, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210-1311. The deadline for first consideration is September 17, 2008. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome applications from women, members of historically underrepresented minority groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.

Jill Bystydzienski
Professor and Chair
Department of Women's  Studies
The Ohio State University