FEAST-L Archives

May 2009

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Sarah LaChance Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah LaChance Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2009 17:58:47 -0700
Call for Papers for an anthology:

“Philosophical Inquiry into Pregnancy, Childbirth and Mothering”

Philosophy has only begun to recognize the significance of pregnancy, childbirth and mothering.  Philosophical inquiry into these phenomena has the potential to challenge long-held views about the nature of subjectivity, freedom, ethics, embodiment, and more.  We are seeking philosophical essays that illuminate the character and meaning of pregnancy, childbirth and mothering; that reflexively challenge conventional philosophical views; and that renew our sense of wonder about these phenomena.

Guidelines for Contributions:
Please submit completed papers.
Papers should be approximately 11,000 words.
Please include a 100 word abstract, a 100 word biography and your Curriculum Vitae.

Papers should be in MS Word (.doc) format.
Please submit materials as attachments to:

Due: Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Acceptances will be issued by Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thank you for your interest!
Sarah LaChance Adams
Caroline Lundquist