FEAST-L Archives

June 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Emanuela Bianchi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:10:54 -0700
While in some ways I indeed find this fabulous in its critical
sensibility, I am also wary of the aggressive moralism of the "family
values" discourse it promotes.  I am not at all sure that "families need
fathers" nor that the 'way forward' for black masculinity lies in any
necessary way in being a father to children.

Just my 2 (white, queer, feminist) cents.

Emma

--
  Emanuela Bianchi
  Visiting Assistant Professor