FEAST-L Archives

May 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Nicole Garner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 15:01:32 -0400
HI all
Have you checked to see how people have voted in the psychological ApA youi can do that on the website.  They regularly make resolutions, I specifically remember one about being opposed to torture.
I have studied the history of the changing ways that trauma relatde disorders and homosexuality and trans topics have changed within psychology.  There are many good articles on this in the psychinfo database.  MY undergrad mentor taught pathology in this way in order to show how many time diagnoses have been used to oppress certain groups.
In light of this i think it would be interesting to go back and revisit that, maybe I will check later about any resolutions regarding this change in teh DSM.
Best
Nicole

  It is not true that in time you get used to it. Far from healing wounds, time can on the contrary, only make wounds worse- Simone de Beauvoir