FEAST-L Archives

July 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
devora shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:44:54 -0700
Hi all,

I'm trying to plan a course in philosophy and sexuality. I've seen the Soble text and while it seems all right in a non-feminst general sense, I don't feel that it does nearly enough to present feminist theory and philosophy on the topic. Given the topic, this seems odd. I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for a text/reader that would include a substantially larger concentration of feminist philosophers and theorists on the topic.

The course is intended for an intro-level student, so they will have no background on the subject and likely little to no experience reading philosophical or theoretical text.

Thanks,

Devora Shapiro
PhD Candidate
University of Minnesota