FEAST-L Archives

April 2017

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Monique Lanoix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Monique Lanoix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 23:15:58 +0000
Dear everyone,
I hope spring is in the air in you part of the world as it is here in Ottawa.
Following our conference (which was a community-academia partnership)
in September, we have a book deal with Equinox. Please consider
the following call for papers -- the deadline for an abstract
is close but if you contact me, a delay is quite workable.

En solidarité,

Monique

Call for Papers

Ageing in an Ageing Society: Critical Reflections
Edited by Monique Lanoix and Iva Apostolova
Publisher: Equinox Publishing (Sheffield, UK)

Manuscript Description

The dramatic shift to an ageing demographic in Canada and other post-industrial countries affects many aspects of human living both personally and collectively. This demographic shift poses unique opportunities and challenges for citizens of all ages, care-providers, governments, institutions and communities.
The goal of the manuscript is to increase critical reflection on ageing in an ageing society.

We are pleased to welcome a wide range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Overcoming sectorial silos; coalition building
- Ageing and public policy
- Ageing, health promotion and public health
- Demographic and economic challenges in an ageing society
- Political economy of care and dependency
- Gender and ageing
- Caregiving, from local to global
- The politics and politicization of age and ageing
- Special populations; LGBTQI elders, immigrant elders, “orphan elders”, etc.
- Autonomy, agency and diminished capacity
- Ageism; intersectional analysis of ageing
- Spiritual dimensions of ageing and care
- Care ethics
- The philosophy of age and ageing
- Hospitality and Ageing

We are aiming at maximum 8000 words per paper, including endnotes, and bibliography. If you are interested, please send us an abstract of no more than 500 words by May 15, 2017. If your abstract is approved, we will expect the complete paper by August 31, 2017. The papers will undergo a blind peer-review which we hope to complete by the end of 2017 so that Equinox Publishing can proceed with the publication in 2018. Please send your abstracts and papers to Iva Apostolova at [log in to unmask], and Monique Lanoix at [log in to unmask]

Monique Lanoix
Professeure agrégée/Associate Professor
Faculté de philosophie/Faculty of Philosophy
Université Saint Paul/Saint Paul University
Ottawa (ON)