FEAST-L Archives

August 2013

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Jennifer Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:43:22 -0400
***Deadline for submissions to U.S. Midwest SWIP has been extended to September 3, 2013. ***

If you still want to submit a paper for consideration, please do so.  Also, because of some institutional problems with email, if you did not receive an email confirming the receipt of your submission, please resubmit by Sept. 3, 2013 to [log in to unmask]

Reminder and please forward widely...

U.S. - Midwest SWIP Call for Papers SUNY Buffalo November 1-3, 2013
Submissions Due: August 10, 2013  September 3rd, 2013

The Midwest Division of the Society for Women in Philosophy invites papers in all areas of feminist philosophy, theory, and praxis -- from political, ethical and social theory, to epistemology, mind and metaphysics. Because U.S. Midwest SWIP is especially interested in enriching theorizing and discussions about ethical and social issues facing our society, we welcome work that explicitly connects to those discussions and that interrogates the intersections between race, gender, ability and class. We also welcome the work of feminist scholars at any stage in their careers.

Submit papers, proposals for panels or performances to: Allison Wolf: [log in to unmask] (please note that the g-mail address is an updated address from our prior call)

Attending U.S. Midwest SWIP: Historically U.S. - MSWIP has sought to make attendance affordable for all participants. This includes no conference attendance fee and free snacks throughout the conference. Please contact [log in to unmask] to request local housing and we will solicit graduate student hosts. Travel grants ($70) are available on a first come, first serve basis with priority given to students, the unemployed, and the underemployed. You do not need to be a SWIP member to participate in the conference, request local housing, or to request a travel grant.

Dr. Jennifer Benson
Executive Secretary, Midwest US SWIP
Assistant Professor, Philosophy
Washington College