FEAST-L Archives

January 2012

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 10:19:01 -0600
Folks:

Anyone within driving distance of SIU-Edwardsville (across the river from St.
Louis in Illinois) may be interested in the next installment in our Medicine in
Action bioethics speaker series taking place this Friday, January 27 at 3:00 pm.
The talk is open to the public, including undergraduates, grad students, and
faculty from neighboring institutions.

Dr. Sara Goering from UW-Seattle will be speaking on the role persons with
disabilities should have in medical determinations of quality-of-life.  The
series format is a talk by the speaker followed by a lively discussion with
activities designed by the speaker.

You can find out more (poster for this talk; link to poster for series and
upcoming talks in March and April) at our department website:

http://www.siue.edu/artsandsciences/philosophy/

Feel free to contact me with further questions.

Best,
  Alison

   Alison Reiheld
   Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy
   SIU-Edwardsville
   Phi Sigma Tau SIUE chapter adviser
   American Philosophical Association Committee on Pre-College
      Instruction in Philosophy
   http://plato-apa.org/