FEAST-L Archives

November 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:46:27 -0500
Dear Feasters,

I have a question about an introductory text to be used in class
called Philosophy, Society and Ethics and was wondering if anyone
might have some suggestions.

Appalachian State U has a book rental system for introductory classes.
So we pick a book that stays in the system for 3 years. The text used
has been John Arthur's Morality and Moral Controversies.
I don't like this book (and I'm not alone in the department who
wishes for a better compilation of articles). It is time to change
so now's the time to get something more pregressive! I like
Christine Koggel's Moral Issues in Global Context; however,
it is dated 1999 (the book will remain as a rental for 3 years
so it will be quite dated) and the new versions of this anthology are
in 3 volumes...which is a little bit awkward for a rental system.

would anyone have a suggestion?

you can reply to me at my appstate address:

thank you so much!!!

Monique