FEAST-L Archives

January 2012

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Aisha Khalil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aisha Khalil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 07:00:56 +0400
Hello everyone,
This may seem like a basic question, but it is an insight for me. I was reading a text by Marilyn French and suddenly it hit me: the subordination of women is considered by some a pretext for virtue, women are seen unable to abide by the proper morals, ethic, and sexual conduct prescribed by the society and defined as virtuous unless supervised by male members of the society.
I am wondering if you can guide me to feminist response and/or discussion of  this issue.
Thank you for the assistance on this.
Best

Aisha

Aisha Khalil, PhD