FEAST-L Archives

January 2012

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Eva Kittay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eva Kittay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:30:47 -0500
James DiGiovanna has asked me to pass on the following request:

"I'm looking, in the spirit of Anne K. Mellor's claim that "Feminist theory is essentially Utopian," for feminist theory that deals directly with utopia or utopianism, either in proposing utopias, critadiquing utopias, questioning the possibility of utopia, or supporting the usefulness of utopian thought. Any suggestions, especially for essays suitable for an undergraduate class, would be most welcome."

Please respond to me or to James directly if you wish.

Thanks. eva

Eva Feder Kittay
Distinguished Professor of Philosophy
Stony Brook University/SUNY