FEAST-L Archives

February 2010

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Bellon, Christina" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bellon, Christina
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:25:21 -0800
Hello SWIPers and FEASTies,

As many of your know, the up-coming Pacific APA is taking place at a hotel venue in labour dispute. The panellists on our two sessions at the upcoming spring meetings in San Francisco have requested we change the venue from the P-APA site to the University of San Francisco, which has offered an alternative venue for societies and sessions.

Our two sessions will be moved to the USF site. Please note the following dates and times. Also please note that these times differ from that listed in the P-APA program. They are planned as back-to-back events in the same room. So once you get to USF you can settle in and enjoy (We're also providing food and beverages.... not that that alone would get you to come, but maybe will make the trip a bit more enticing).

We have these two fabulous session planned. Please join us... and bring a friend!

Thursday, April 1, 4-7pm
Society for Women in Philosophy, Session 1
Topic:  Author-Meets-Critics: Falguni Sheth, Towards a Political Philosophy of Race
        Chair:  Christina M. Bellon (California State University–Sacramento)
        Author: Falguni A. Sheth (Hampshire College)
        Critics:        David Kim (University of San Francisco)
                Eduardo Mendieta (State University of New York–Stony Brook)
                Mickaella Perina (University of Massachusetts–Boston)

Thursday, April 1, 7-9pm
Society for Women in Philosophy, Session 2
Topic:
A History of Women in Philosophy
Chair: Alice Sowaal (San Francisco State University)
Speakers:
Jessica Davis (San Diego State University)
“Ann Conway Beyond You and Me”
Lysane F. A. Fauvel (State University of New York–Stony Brook)
“Edith Stein’s Legacy: The Phenomenology of Empathy”
Steve Barbone (San Diego State University)
“Gabrielle Suchon (1631-1703): A Third Way Beyond Gender: A Play in Three Acts”

To maximize attendance, we've put the sessions back-to-back... and to ensure no one faints from hunger, SWIP will arrange for food and beverages between the sessions. Please join us!

Cheers,
chris

Christina M. Bellon, PhD
Associate Professor of Philosophy