FEAST-L Archives

September 2014

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Willett, Cynthia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Willett, Cynthia
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2014 23:24:28 +0000
Congratulations Emanuela and Diana (and apologies if I missed some
announcements)!

My book too is just out:
Interspecies Ethics from Columbia UP. This is feminism across species,
partly co-authored in true sisterhood with Julie Willett.

Here¹s its link:
https://cup.columbia.edu/book/978-0-231-16776-5/interspecies-ethics/reviews

From CUP: "Interspecies Ethics explores animals¹ vast capacity for agency,
justice, solidarity, humor, and communication across species. The social
 bonds diverse animals form provide a remarkable model for communitarian
 justice and cosmopolitan peace, challenging the human exceptionalism
that drives modern moral theory. Situating biosocial ethics firmly
within coevolutionary processes, this volume has profound implications
for work in social and political thought, contemporary pragmatism,
Africana thought, and continental philosophy."

Cindy

Cynthia Willett
Emory University
http://philosophy.emory.edu/home/people/faculty/willett-cynthia.html