FEAST-L Archives

November 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Sally Scholz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally Scholz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:04:51 -0500
Kate,

I have an essay in Sharon Meagher and Patrice Diquinzio's "Women and Children First: Feminism, Rhetoric, and Public Policy" (SUNY) that might be of interest to you.  The essay is called "Battered Woman Syndrome: Locating the Subject Amidst the Advocacy".  (It doesn't provide a survey of the legal approaches to reasonable woman but it does give a philosophical overview of some of the problems in using BWS (Battered Woman Syndrome) in the courts and social services.)

That entire book, by the way, is really interesting--worth a look for your course.

Sally

Sally J. Scholz, Ph.D.
Professor
Center for Peace and Justice Education &
Department of Philosophy
Villanova University
800 Lancaster Ave.
Villanova, PA 19085