FEAST-L Archives

September 2009

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Tama Weisman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tama Weisman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:07:23 -0700
Please distribute widely and sorry for cross-postings.
thanks
Tama Weisman

The Department of Philosophy at DePaul University in Chicago, IL will be hosting the fourth independent conference for the Hannah Arendt Circle April 16-18, 2010.

We invite individual submissions for papers on any aspect of Arendt's work, including critiques and applications of her thinking.

Please send an abstract of the paper, by e-mail (750 word limit). Abstracts should be formatted for anonymous review and submitted to the program committee chair, Tama Weisman at [log in to unmask] on or before November 30th 2009.

Please indicate "Arendt Circle submission" in the subject heading, and include the abstract as a ".doc" attachment to your message. Program decisions will be announced by the beginning of January.

Program Committee:

Tama Weisman, Dominican University

Sarah MacMillen, Duquesne University

Peg Birmingham, DePaul University

Our first three independent meetings were outstanding, and we are looking forward to the same camaraderie and intense discussion of Arendt’s work at this year’s conference. Each speaker will have approximately 35 minutes for paper presentation and discussion combined —papers should be a maximum of 3000 words (15-20 minutes).

DePaul University is located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago.

Lodging has been reserved at the Willows Hotel.  The hotel is within walking distance or a short train ride to our meeting site at DePaul University.

Program and other information will be available here no later than January 30, 2010.