FEAST-L Archives

September 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Elise Springer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elise Springer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:29:53 -0400
Susan,

This from p. 87 of Alison Jaggar's _Feminist Politics and Human Nature_:

"Mary Daly has argued tha the notion of androgyny suggests "two
distorted halves of a human being stuck together — something like John
Wayne and Brigitte Bardot scotch-taped together — as if two distorted
'halves' could make a whole."

Jaggar's citation points to p. 30 in "the qualitative leap beyond
patriarchal religion," Quest 1, no. p (Spring 1975).

-Elise