FEAST-L Archives

September 2011

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Saba Fatima <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Saba Fatima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:05:37 -0400
Hi All,

I had a great time seeing everyone at the conference and I am still
elated from winning my raffle book! yeaa!

I just came across an article that echos Uma Narayan's talk about the
weirdness of 'aid,' but its from a politician! :)
He was the Pakistani cricket team  captain who won the world cup for
Pakistan in 92, before he entered policitics.

"Aid is like using aspirin to treat cancer," he said. "And the cancer
is spreading."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8790103/Imran-Khan-international-aid-is-propping-up-Pakistan-corruption.html

--
Saba Fatima