FEASTGRAD-L Archives

July 2009

FEASTGRAD-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Shifra Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shifra Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:36:27 -0400
Dear FEAST grad students,

As you may know, the FEAST conference on September 24-27 will include
several events geared toward mentoring graduate students.  As we work
to organize these events, it would help us to have an accurate count of
the number of graduate students who will attend the conference.  If you
plan to attend, please send a quick e-mail, either to me or to Shay
Welch.

At the conference, an award will be given for the best conference paper
by a graduate student.  The judging committee for this award will be
comprised entirely of graduate students.  We invite all graduate
students to serve as reviewers.  To participate, it is not necessary
for you to attend the conference.  However, you are not eligible to
serve as a reviewer if you are presenting a paper at the conference.

We will have more details on the other graduate student events soon.
If you would like to help us work on them, please get in touch.  All
grad students are welcome to volunteer.

Thanks.

All the best,

Shifra Diamond

*******
Shifra Diamond
Graduate Student Representative, FEAST Conference Committee
Ph.D. Candidate, Human Sciences: Program in Language, Culture & Society
George Washington University
Campus e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Home e-mail: [log in to unmask]