PACS-L Archives

March 2011

PACS-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Ehsan Ahmed <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pakistani-American Cultural Society <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2011 23:15:37 -0500
Dear Pakistani-Americans and Friends:

Tonight's dinner was very successful. We had a houseful. Catered food was
great and Farhan's singing and music added so much fun to the event. We
enjoyed humorous poem by Hamid Munir and Amir Mahmood's mom's Urdu ghazal.
We have so much talent in the community. I am sure kids enjoyed the cake
cutting to celebrate Amir Mahmood's son Talal's birthday. Kids' fancy dress
show was great and we certainly enjoyed the Sakhi Shahbaz Lal Qalandar dhmal
to top the event. To cap all that the collective singing of Pakistani
national anthem brought lots of fond memories. We are grateful for all our
guests who came from various communities outside Harrisonburg. We also
welcome the new comers who joined us in this dinner. (If you missed today's
dinner, sorry you missed a houseful event with great food and music. We hope
you can join us next time). Thanks to all the PACS committee members for
putting everything together. We hope to have another event in early summer.

On behalf of the Pakistani-American Cultural Society PACS.

Ehsan Ahmed

1060 Bobwhite Place

Harrisonburg, VA 22802

(H) 540-434-6276