TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

September 2018

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 17:33:12 +0000
Mark,
  May be I was not clear.  I am fine with all of our knowledge systems requiring forms. I am not trying to get rid of that at all. The ToK is very much a metaphysical system. The point is that according to my formal/metaphysical ToK system, living cells operation based on informational causation.

  And, I think there are important parallels.

  But, really, the bottom line is that informational causation, as I am seeing in (and as is characterized by all the biologists who are arguing that that is what makes Life unique) is another form of causation, one that Aristotle is missing.