TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

August 2018

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Mark Stahlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2018 06:48:34 -0600
Gregg:

Great idea -- in fact, that's what I think I've been doing all along . . . !!

So, perhaps we should start by trying to "categorize" the various
"frames" based on their most fundamental constructs?

This brings up the question of where this investigation began and, as
is usual for discussions re: the West (since this is *not* a
conversation that can encompass the East), that we see if the Plato
vs. Aristotle distinction plays well with this crowd.

What are we (and everything else) "made of" or, in more modern terms,
what do we mean when we discuss "being."  My guess is that there are
different answers in this group and that, unless we specifically drill
down, they will likely be painted over with other matters.

"Matter" is at the root of Gregg's diagram.  What is "matter" and why
does it matter . . . <g>

Mark