TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

August 2019

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2019 15:19:44 +0000
Lonnie,
  I see the mental health crisis as being quite pervasive and would consider this observation to fall mostly under the mental health crisis, although it clearly also connects to the meaning and digital-globalization crises. My primary question would be: Are we seeing an aggregate shift in the mental health of the elderly? I have not seen data along those lines. When I look I see definite, strong aggregate data pointing to a rise in mental health problems in the youth. There is also good data that the general and mental health of "lower class" whites has dropped (see here https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/casetextsp17bpea.pdf).

  So, your point is well taken and your reflections are exactly what I hope the Digital Identity Problem formulation does, which is provide a macro-level frame to see the situation we are in and then start to line up many different patterns in the world to raise our collective consciousness.

Thanks much for this reflection. I would be interested in looking over your dissertation if you feel like sharing it.