TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

September 2018

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2018 13:09:39 +0000
That is an area we disagree.

Language, not literacy, resulted in the problem of justification and the development of justification systems. That is the fourth dimension. Literacy was important, but not the real game changer in my view. Of course, literacy does lay the ground work for ever more emerging technologies and was central to our current phase shift. But, language was far more important.

As I think I mentioned to you on the phone, I don't buy Jayne's origin of consciousness narrative.

The tripartite model of human conscious, based on the JH, is far superior, more generalizable and more integrative.