TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

June 2022

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
D Charles Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 15:27:03 +1000
Hi all,

Australia has a two party political system much like the UK and USA. In the recent federal election a number of key  seats were won by so-called “Teal” candidates from the conservative/right wing Liberal party.

Interestingly, most of these Teal candidates looked as if they fit the “role model” cluster that emerges from the Big-5 PF; in that they are professional, middle aged women, with social and environmental concerns.

Let’s imagine for a moment that people’s political leanings are to a large extent an expression of their personality. And that we can extend this thinking to argue that political parties have their own personality that could expressed in terms of a fine-tuned 5 factor model. Indeed, perhaps we could look at any mature group in  this way?

What’s the “personality” of UTOK ? — or in other words, what are political implications of UTOK?

Of these “implications”, which can be derived from the system, and which stand outside the system as “normative claims”?

Thanks :)

Tjarlz