TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

September 2018

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Mark Stahlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2018 10:42:19 -0600
Gregg:

As you know, the APA has a rule against "analyzing" anyone without
actually taking them on as a "client."  I know it's tempting to
imagine that you know enough about a person based on how they are
portrayed on television but I suspect that is not how you think
clinical psychology should actually work in real life . . <g>

More importantly, since this is a world leader you're talking about --
who has been the target of relentless 24/7 attacks -- I can tell you
that "Trump" and "Algorithms" have *nothing* to do with what is going
on in the world today (which, alas, it is my job to understand.)

"Racism" is a *meme* that is being deployed by the TELEVISION paradigm
because it is desperately trying to hold-on, even though obviously it
has become totally obsolete now that we are DIGITAL. None of the memes
make any sense anymore.  Nike's "Just Do It!" has now turned into a
boycott against them.

As we wrote more than a year ago, we are living with the "end of
memes."  As it turns out, yesterday the EU actually passed a law
against them (or what most in the Internet think they are).

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__medium.com_rally-2Dpoint-2Dperspectives_the-2Dend-2Dof-2Dmemes-2Dor-2Dmcluhan-2D101-2D2095ae3cad02&d=DwIDaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=rG9ldyCLY_blxNmVNHkATP3u_ZUsQRv_uFOxF8AU5NM&s=yeRR2HMCB-3DGCJbBeJqJ9PR8pL738sMyV2a7pSq5IA&e=

TELEVISION tried to convince us that there is a "Family of Man," as
the ideology behind its "globalist" ambitions.  None of that makes any
sense any more.  Hopefully my posts about China have been helpful to
illustrate this "new" reality.

Brexit.  Italy.  Hungary.  And now Sweden &c.  Trump is only the
"symptom" of something much larger.  This is a world-wide phenomenon
and has little to do with Trump or anyone else's "personality" (or
presumed "stage of development.")

Welcome to the future (which isn't at all like most people thought it
would be) . . . !!

Mark