TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

July 2018

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Mark Stahlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2018 15:10:36 -0600
John:

Yes -- I'm all for moving towards an understanding of the "Implicate
Order" but, alas, I seriously doubt that Bohm &al will help us much to
get there (because of the *paradigm* that shaped those thoughts) . . .
<g>

We are convinced that a deep-dive on Aristotle is the best way-to-go
and that trying to "correct" all the mistakes that have been made over
the past 400+ years (i.e. since PRINT wiped out any careful
understanding of Aristotle) is probably going to be a waste of time
(unless fighting with everyone is entertaining for you).

We are already in a *very* new paradigm (as structured by
psycho-technological environments) -- coming at the right time since
the "incoherence" of the last one is becoming deafening -- so
by-all-means let's try to work this through . . . !!

Mark

P.S. I actually know Trivers, somewhat, and, yes, his reputation of
being an SOB is well deserved.