TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

August 2018

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2018 16:37:35 +0000
Hi List,

  Am writing to say I am dealing with the plagiarism issue, as the folks at Psychology Today don't want me to print the full blog as it was not deemed consistent with their purpose and guidelines. As such, I have a revised blog in that summarizes Mercier and Sperber's book and highlights the remarkable similarities with the JH and then points readers to get the full story via a link to my website, where I have set up all the information. They are reviewing that at this time.

  Am interested to see how this unfolds. As of now, it has been a major time suck and I am finding that the institutions are not exactly supportive of or conducive to dealing with this kind of process. Will keep you posted.

  I will reply to your posts soon, Mark. Interesting one about Durant. I appreciate your focus on history and technology contextualizing things.