TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

June 2022

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 14:28:21 +0000
This is an interesting question, Tjarlz.

A couple of points. First, I caution folks strongly not to equate personality with trait-based dispositions. Personality is much more that our dispositional signatures on the Big Five. That said, there definitely is an association. For example, by far the biggest personality trait political linkage is the conservative versus liberal political orientation and the disposition of openness.

I think UTOK may align with a "role model" type personality, at least you could argue for that as being implicit in its value structure. Also, it is situated currently for  people who find themselves in a post-conventional moral-ethical value stance. So there is an ego development dynamic here as well.

There is much more I could say, but I will pause here and see if others are inclined to chime in.